Top 20 Movies I'm Most Excited About in 2014!!!

20 movies

Happy 2014 everyone!

All these movie lists are popping up online that I thought I'd make one of my own. 2013 had powerhouse movies, and Batman Vs. Superman and Avengers 2 may be set for 2015, but the 2014 movies aren't too shabby either. Heck, there's so many great movies this year that I had to special mention a lot of titles that didn't make it to my top 20!



20) Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
Comedians, in my experience, usually deliver powerful performances in dramatic roles. Jim Carrey in The Trueman Show, Robin Williams in Jack, Jackie Chan in the Shinjuku Incident, the list goes on. And Ben Stiller is no exception. I expect Walter Mitty to be emotional and profound in a relatable way because of Stiller's performance. 



19) Interstellar
Who's not excited about another brainf*ck movie from Christopher Nolan? His movies always seem to linger on you for weeks after watching it. I'll probably be watching this again and again, just like Inception.



 18) Journey To The West 
Stephen Chow is the director of Journey to the West, and for those familiar with his work (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer), you'd know to expect ridiculous action scenes partnered with slapstick humor. In the trailer, he even references some of the elements of Kung Fu Hustle! Pretty soon, there's going to be a "Chow-verse".



17) Blended
After all these years, FINALLY, Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore! 50 First Dates, was one of the best romcoms EVER. Here's hoping they can recreate that sweet, romantic magic in this new movie.



16) Transformers: Age of Extinction
 
I'm just excited about the franchise, really. It IS still Transformers, and Optimus Prime. But I'm not sure how to feel about a completely new set of human characters, and most likely a start from scratch story. Mark Wahlberg is the man though. If anyone can pull of revitalizing a franchise, it's him. (And The Rock.)

Transformers-4-poster transformers_4_age_of_extinction_a_p

15) Godzilla
Even though there wasn't much actual Godzilla in the trailer, this movie feels like it's going to keep people at the edge of their seats. It's a lot darker than its campy predecessor and hopefully turns out a lot more suspenseful.  



14) Transcendence 
Johnny Depp turns himself into a digital life form? Reminds me of Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington's Virtuosity. Not the same plot, but Transcendence certainly has the potential to be just as thrilling.


  
13) Hunger Games: Mocking Jay 
Gah! I hated how Hunger Games: Catching Fire ended! Bitin! I serously want to see what happens to Peeta next! That and I just love Jennifer Lawrence.

Catching-Fire-catching-fire-movie-33836550-1280-673

12) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Live action TMNT! Yes Please! After watching Nickelodeon's new TMNT series, I am SO ready for a movie! I grew up with these characters. TMNT is forever! (So long as Michael Bay doesn't ruin it.)

TMNT_bay2
*Not actual movie.

11) How to Train Your Dragon 2
The first movie got me wanting to have a dragon. But as much as I wanted one, I couldn't get any. Watching another movie with toothless being all cute is gonna remind me of the heartache of not owning my own dragon.:( And watching the trailer reminded me how great the animation is in this movie, especially in flying scenes. When Hiccup and Toothless fly, you feel like you're flying with them!



10) A Million Ways To Die In The West
Seth McFarlane (Ted) and Neil Patrick Harris (HIMYM) is teaming up for a rootin' tootin' western comedy. Not much has been revealed about this movie yet, but suffice to know that it has two comedic icons of the generation, plus...Liam Neeson! In a western!

seth-macfarlane-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west

9) Anchorman 2 
"I'm gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight..." Ferrel. Rudd. Carell. Koechner. Applegate. Wiig. Kinnear. Marsden...Need I go on? (It isn't out in the Philippines yet, so it counts!) 



8) 22 Jump Street
Fine, I'll admit it: Channing Tatum is pretty awesome. Who was once the token pretty boy has become a versatile actor. From dancing movies, he moved to romcoms, then to action flick, and with 21 Jump Street, comedy. And that movie was f*cking hilarious! Especially during his and Jonah Hill's crazy drug sequence. And after seeing their parody of JCVD's epic split, seems like the quality of humor will not be lost in this next film.



7) Neighbors
Zack Efron in a comedy? Has this ever been done? I'm not entirely sure, but it's a welcome change of pace. And with the likes of Seth Rogen at his side, he's gonna be in good hands. And from what I've seen from the trailer, they're a match made in heaven.



6) Robocop

ROBO FRIGGING COP! It's been sooooo long since an incarnation of our favorite cyborg cop was made. We're finally getting it! And not only are we seeing the classic Robocop, he's being upgraded in a very literal sense. He's got a sleek, new black armor, and I'll bet he's gonna kick so much more ass!!!



5) X-Men: Days of Future Past

Even though I wasn't a big fan of Brian Singer's X-Men series, due in big part to their favoritism of Wolverine, I'm still pretty excited to see the 2 X-men teams come together. It's risky though. Having so many big names in a movie and all. I pray they'll be able to make an outstanding ensemble movie. Still bummed the Cyclops won't be around for it. He's such an important character in the X-verse.



4) Expendibles 3

I'm not sure if the 3rd installment would live up to the badassery of the 2nd, but I'm still willing to give it a chance. I seriously hope it does. But how would you top Chuck Norris jokes being used in the script, or Arnold and Bruce swapping catch phrases? It's certainly not as powerful a cast as the previous movie, but I'm curious as to what they'll have Ford and Gibson and Baderas do. Guess we'll just have to see.



3) Amazing Spider-man 2

I'm a huge Spider-man fan! From Amazing to Ultimate to Superior Spider-man! And this latest incarnation is certainly the best yet! It's no surprise why THIS movie made it to the list. Can't wait to see Jamie Foxx' Electro, and Dane DeHaan's Harry Osborn! Not to mention the fact that this movie could potentially launch characters for Fox's spin off movies!



2) Guardians of the Galaxy

Marvel Studios has an impeccable record in launching franchises. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Avengers were all game setters, the standards of the superhero genre. And having not know anything about the Guardians of the Galaxy is making it that much more exciting! It's gonna be a whole new universe, new characters, new enemies that Marvel will make people fall in love with again! And I'm loving the cast that's supposed to deliver it! Chris Pratt, Dave Batista, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel! I wet my pants just thinking about it!

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy3

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Have you watched the trailer for Cap 2? Coz if you have, then I need not explain myself. Because among all the trailers I've watched, this one game me the most goosebumps. What's great about Cap 2 is that it's a sequel, but it's not. Cap's story continues, but the feel, the tones, the set pieces, are all drastically different. It's like watching a reboot. It's fresh and incredibly exciting! I love it!



Notable Mentions:
  • Fast and Furious 7 - Obviously. If they still get to show it this year.
  • The Hobbit: There and Back Again - Haven't even watched Desolation of Smaug but I already want to see it concluded.
  • Marvel's Big Hero 6
  • The Other Woman - Watch the trailer. A unique twist in the relationship plot.
  • 47 Ronin
  • The Lego Movie - always fun seeing Batman. Especially when he's voiced by Will Arnett.
  • Welcome to the Jungle - JCVD in a COMEDY!
  • Horrible Bosses 2
  • Non-Stop  - It's Liam Neeson being all badass again. Taken. But on a plane.
  • Edge of Tomorrow
  • Dumb and Dumber To - Jim Carrey's back!
  • Thanks for Sharing - Bruce Banner and Pepper Potts, the uncredited Marvel Spin Off Movie.
  • Grudge Match - Sylvester Stallone VS. Robert De Niro!
  • Jupiter Ascending - From the makers of Matrix comes, gay Neo,
  • American Hustle - Lots of buzz in the US about this one.
  • I, Frankenstein - Just because of Yvonne Strahovski.
  • The Wind Risees
  • A Case of You - Tyrion Lannister in a comedy!
  • Knights of Badassdom - Tyrion Lannister in another comedy!
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2 - Donnie Yen!! Woohoo! Didn't even know this HAD a sequel.
  • Freezer - a movie about a guy, stuck in a freezer. Go figure.
  • Kung Fury - Just about the stupidest thing I've seen ever. Watch the trailer. Trust me, it's so bad, it's good.


Well there you go! Got tons of great movies this year! So get your popcorn ready!

Bring it on 2014!

* Ticket image was taken from Google and modified.:) Thank you kind ticket artist.:)
* Thank you to Bettina Bacani for giving me this list idea.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment